Share Your Ideas
Submissions – August 25 – October 20
Submit your idea and supporting materials online.
Short List – November
After the submission period closes, the Idea Den panel will review all submissions and the top ten ideas will be announced and shared on this site and via social media. The Idea Den panel will be comprised of respected community-building Edmontonians.
Idea Development – November/December
The individuals or groups that submit an idea that gets shortlisted will be provided with design, engineering, construction, and budgeting support to refine their idea.
Idea Den – January
Shortlisted ideas will be pitched live to the Idea Den panel and an audience of those who submitted an idea to The Edmonton Project.
After all the final ideas have been considered, the Idea Den will announce which idea will be brought to life! From there, it’s up to the design, engineering, and construction team to make it a reality.
Because we want to encourage creativity
There are not many rules but there are few important things to be aware of:
- If you call Edmonton your home or mark it as your place of residence on forms, good news, you can submit your idea!
- There are no age, education, or career requirements (although minors will need a parent or guardian to accept the terms and conditions on their behalf).
- There is no fee to participate.
- Groups (an elementary class for example) are welcome to submit an idea.
- Each individual or group can submit only one idea.
- Idea submissions are only accepted online at The Edmonton Project website (www.theedmontonproject.ca) where all fields must be filled in and required files uploaded.
- All idea submissions must outline in as much detail as possible the following:
- What – Outline the physical nature of the idea, how it will be built, what it will be built with, and how it will function year round
- Where – Within the boundaries of Edmonton, identify the specific place you envision your idea.
- How – In a thought provoking way, tell us how your idea will define our city and bring us together.
- There are no parameters on what or where.
- All idea submissions must be original.
- All individuals and groups that submit ideas must review and accept the terms and conditions of The Edmonton Project. Some key things to understand are:
- The Edmonton Project is a non-profit organization acting as a community-building agent on behalf of all Edmontonians.
- When individuals or groups submit their idea to The Edmonton Project they give it away to The Edmonton Project.
- Individuals or groups that submit an idea, as well as The Edmonton Project, will not profit from sharing, developing, or executing the idea.
- The Edmonton Project may publish any submitted idea including information about who submitted it.
- All individuals and groups that submit ideas must agree to be available to the media.